Thursday, June 21, 2007

Over Night Stay

Well, looks like the twins are running out of room in there. I began contractions on Tuesday and have not stopped since. I had to go to the hospital on Tuesday anyway for my non stress test that I now have to do twice a week & within an hour, the contractions started getting recorded on the monitor. They started out five minutes apart, four minutes apart, and then three minutes a part. Since I am only 34 weeks tomorrow, the doctor wanted to stop the contractions and at least give me some steroids for their lungs. So I had to get a shot for the contractions (that one burned) and then another shot for the steroids (that was thick & it hurt). Well, the contractions did not stop, but they at least got a little weaker. So I again got another ouchie steroid shot. Again, not stopping the contractions enough so we went with a pill to help relax the uterine muscle. Again, no stopping, but at least they are milder and the contractions have yet to open my cervix. I had to stay overnight Tuesday night, was released sometime on Wednesday, and then I had to go to the hospital today and still contractions, but the cervix is still closed up. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow for my next visit. He is at least happy I have gotten the steroids so if the cervix does begin to open, the girls should be ok. So far, he would like for me to stay on the medication for the contractions until next Friday. Not sure if his mind will change tomorrow or what, but needless to say, these girls are going to be here quick. Eddie has taken off of work starting on Wed so he can take care of me. I have been on bed rest, but am on strict bed rest now. Basically, the only difference is I am not prepping my meals during the day, and I am not driving myself to my visits. My mom is going to be here Sunday with Shelby and Samantha, thank goodness, and now we will just wait on the babies to get here. I just wanted to say again thank you all for thinking of us and all your prayers, emails, and phone calls. We maybe all the way in OH, but you all have made us feel like we were still back home in TN.

No comments: