Sunday, February 22, 2009

Shelby's White Chocolate Bundt Cake


Shelby is in the Junior Division of Girl Scouts and she made a white chocolate bundt cake this year & she one the blue ribbon!!!!!!!!!!! I think we were all in shock. I knew it tasted really good, but I also knew there were a couple of other cakes that had more design to it. When we took Shelby's cake out of the pan, a small piece actually fell off so we strategically placed that small flaw in the back hoping the judges would not see it. Shelby's group had to make a non-frosted cake. Sam's group had to do either brownies or cupcakes. Both groups had some really cool ideas. Only the 1st place winners go on to compete in a regional competition so Shelby will be doing that in about six weeks. In the meantime, she is also joining 4-H and is submitting a sewing projet. Samantha can't wait to join next year. I am just really excited about all the awesome things they are being exposed to. I was super shy as a kid & did not go out for stuff like this, but like I told Eddie, Shelby has Samantha to be her encouragement & her rock. She is Shelby's ultimate cheerleader!

No comments: